Job Title: United States Army Sergeants Major Academy Instructors
Location: Fort Bliss, Texas
Duties: A Sergeants Major Course Instructor provides qualified instructor personnel with experience, skills, knowledge, and training as skilled instructors for military instruction in the following five core areas: Army Operations, Army Training and Doctrine, Army Force Management, Command Leadership, and Joint Interagency – Multinational Operations. Course Instructors provide instruction in one of these areas each semester during the SMC. Course instructors update course material, participate in academic review work groups, and validate curriculum material throughout the entire calendar year. Additionally, experienced Course Instructors serve as adjunct professors as part of the development courses for new instructors
NOTE: This job description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications.
- US Citizen
- Must be able to pass a National Agency Check with Written Inquires (NACI)
- Honorable Discharge
- Must have a Masters Degree Completed
- Sergeants Major Course (SMC) graduate or equivalent level course
- Must have a current, working understanding of: ADP 1, The Army; ADP 3-0, Unified Land Operations; ADP 4-0, Sustainment; ADP 5-0, The Operations Process; ADP 6-0, Mission Command; ADP 6-22, Army Leadership; ADP 7-0, Training Units and Developing Leaders; reference Army Lessons Learned through the Army Center for Army Lessons Learned (CALL) website (http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/call/index.asp), operational issues and developments in both the Army and Joint communities
- Must be competent in the Operational Environment (OE) tactical doctrine and possess a thorough understanding of military operations from company through corps levels.
- Prior to instructing students, instructors must attend: FDP1, the entry-level instructor certification course; FDP2, curriculum content certification; FDP3, the course author’s course; and FDP4, continuing faculty professional development; and Blackboard Basics Instructor course. Instructors with previous military or DA civilian certifications may already meet partial qualification standards
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat programs
- Combat experience and service as a Command Sergeant Major (CSM) or SGM
- Instructor experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
Note: This job description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications
FSCX, Inc. provides military and technical experts who provide top notch instruction, operations, research and analysis ranging from concept development to full spectrum training and exercise support services to our customers.
FSCX, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer